Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Assembly Talk & Booth @ Zhong Hua Primary (08 Apr)


Mrs Joan Benjamin, teacher-in-charge Environment Education in Zhong Hua Primary, invited Earth Society to conduct an Assembly talk and set up a booth in the school on 08 Apr.

On 08 Apr, Earth Society members reached Zhong Hua Primary on 8.10am. We conducted a Global Warming talk for P1 to P6 students from 8.30am to 9.00am. We set up a booth at the canteen from 9 to 11pm to distribute “Eco-kid website” leaflets to the students and gather feedback for the assembly talk.

The following are some feedback for the talk:

Teachers’ Feedback:

The talk on Global warming was informative and could effectively engage the pupils from P1 to P6. The language and content used during the talk was well-suited for the target audience. Thank you for an enriching session, earth Society! - Mrs Joan Benjamin, ZHPS

Videos shown were engaging and impactful. The speaker was very enthusiastic. Overall, I felt the message was conveyed successfully. - Ms Rachel Ong, Teacher, ZHPS

The talk was well-organized. The short video clips captured the pupils’ attention.
- Mr Lim Beng Kim, Teacher, ZHPS

Students’ Feedback:
 
I like this programme. I have learnt some ways to stop global warming. I hope there are more programmes similar to this. - Cheng An Qi, P3, ZHPS

I like the talk. I learnt to save water, electricity and not to pollute the surroundings.  - Sanya, P3, ZHPS

I learnt that Global Warming is serious and we must keep the Earth happy and green. - Fredo, P4, ZHPS

I love the talk. I learnt that many people are starving without food. We should stop cutting trees and eat less meat to save our earth. - Maka, P6, ZHPS

No comments: