Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Assembly Talk & Booth @ Damai Primary School (07 Aug)

Ms Stella Teoh, from Damai Primary school, invited GW study group to conduct an Assembly talk for P3 to P6 students and set up a booth in the school on 07 Aug. Ms Stella got to know about us during an environment event she attended in 2010. (She has been on our mail list since 2010.)








Mr Low conducted the Assembly talk from 7.30 till 8am. He presented on the effects of Climate change on the world and showed students various video clips on Deforestation, Arctic Ice melt, World hunger, Veggie Thursday etc. The talk was very well received by Damai students. After the talk, we set up a booth in the school canteen at 8am and manned the booth till 12 pm.


The following are some feedbacks for the Assembly talk:

Teacher’s Feedback:
It was a very informative talk. Serious issues were delivered in a light-hearted way. I’m sure it will leave an impact on our pupils. It will make them more aware of their actions e.g. when they use water, or even when they take a bite into their favourite hamburgers. Thanks for the talk.                                               
– Ms Regina Ng, HOD NE, Damai Primary Sch

There is really a lot of information for the pupils to grasp. The whole sharing was good and the speaker was really eager to share what he know. I hope he will be back again.             – Mr Dave Yang, Teacher, Damai Primary Sch

Informative with authentic scenarios given to address the growing concern of global warming.                                        – Ms Stella Teoh, Teacher, Damai Primary Sch

Students’ Feedback:
I like the talk because it helps us to learn more about global warming and encourage us to stop global warming. It helps us to learn ways to save the Earth.          - Danielle Isabel, Damai student

I like the videos. Although they are short, they tell a lot of messages. I learn that global warming is causing a lot of trouble i.e. ice cap melting and rising of sea level. I will eat less meat and eat more veg.  
– Kimberly Ong, Damai student

I learnt about Global Warming more than what I know. I appreciate the talk as I found that when man are selfish, one thing leads to another.  I will recycle paper by using both sides of the paper.        –Jethro Wong, Damai student

I like the talk. I learnt that now our Earth is losing a lot of resources and we can help by eating less meat.                                         – Ethan Lee, Damai student

No comments: