Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Assembly Talk & Booth @ Eunos Primary School (13 Aug)

Mdm Cynthia, Eunos Primary Environment Club teacher, invited GW study group to conduct an Assembly talk for P1 to P6 students and set up a booth in the school on 13 Aug. Mr Low had conducted 4 Assembly talks in Eunos Primary over the past years.

Team members reach Eunos primary at 9.30am to set up a booth. We manned the booth from 9.30am till 1pm. Mrs Goh Meow Yin, SH Science, visited our booth to get more information on Climate change.
Mr Low conducted the assembly talk from 1 to 1:30pm. The talk was well-received.

The following are some feedbacks for the Assembly talk:

Teacher’s Feedback:
The talk was very inspirational and informative. It would be good if there was lesser emphasis on statistics and more focus on environmental conservation. It would also be beneficial to get a few pupils to answer questions about the talk.    
– Mrs Goh Meow Yin, SH Science, Eunos Primary Sch

I think the talk is informative and useful. It sparked interesting debate and conversation among the teachers. The lower primary pupils seemed to find the statistics portion a little beyond them. So if it can be tune down a little for them, it would be good.                             – Mr Shane Quek, Teacher, Eunos Primary Sch

It was an informative talk for both pupils and the staffs. The use of multimedia kept the pupils engaged and I am confident that they have learnt much about how they can do their part to make the world a better place. Thanks for coming.                                                               – Mr Marcus Cheng, Teacher, Eunos Primary Sch

Students’ Feedback:
I learn that no water equals to no food. I learnt that some people cut and burn trees to make farms. I learn that the weather is hot because of global warming.              - Cheryl Heng, Eunos student

I enjoyed the talk very much. I learnt about the causes and solutions for Global Warming and climate change. I will eat meat on weekdays only and encourage my relatives to do the same.   
– Coral Koh-Reuben, Eunos student

I like the talk. I learnt how to save my world. I want save my world by stopping people from cutting trees and saving a lot of water.        
–Nur Ajimeera, Eunos student

No comments: