Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Assembly Talk & Booth @ Stamford Primary School (29 Aug)


Mr Wong Yaw Keong, Stamford Primary I&E committee teacher, invited GW study group to conduct an Assembly talk and set up a booth in the school on 29 Aug. Mr Wong met our group during an Environment sharing session in GreenRidge Primary school in 2011.








On 29 Aug, Mr Low conducted an Assembly talk for P1 to P6 students from 7.30 till 8am. He presented on the effects of global warming and solutions to climate change. The talk was very well received by Stamford students. After the talk, we set up a booth in the school canteen at 8am and manned the booth till 11.30 am.





The following are some feedbacks for the Assembly talk:

Teacher’s Feedback:
Good Assembly talk. Pupils will be more conscious about what is happening to our world (Earth) and what they can do to save our Earth.      – Mrs Cua-Tan Li Peng, Teacher, Stamford Primary Sch

It was an interesting talk. It captivated the children and was very informative.
- Ms Vignes, Teacher, Stamford Primary Sch

Very informative and useful talk, not only to adults but also children so that we are aware and play our part.    – Mrs Ruth Goh, Teacher, Stamford Primary Sch

It’s a very educational and stimulating presentation by Mr Low to Stamfordians. The videos are catchy with clear and impactful messages. The pupils see the importance of eating more veggie/ less meat to help the environment.
– Mr Wong Yaw Keong, Teacher in-charge of Innovation, Stamford Primary Sch


Students’ Feedback:
I loved the talk. I learnt that actually the Earth is in a very bad condition. If we do not do anything about this, we will not have a home anymore for our grandchildren to live in. I would recycle and plant more trees. Hopefully the Earth will get well soon.  - Ma Wit Yee Htet OO, Stamford Pri student

I have learnt that there are more than one solution to solve global warming. I like the talk because it was interesting. I will ask my parents to bring their own bag to the supermarket.    
– Sakthi Gowri, Stamford Pri student

I like the talk. I learnt that the ice is melting very fast. I have learnt to eat less meat and use less water. 
– Lum Jing Hao, Stamford Pri Student

It was very fun. I learn how to save the Earth. We would like you to come again next year.   
– Muhd Zulfqur B Ibrahim, Stamford Pri student

No comments: