Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Assembly Talk & Booth @ Northland Primary (19 Mar)

Mrs Prema Suresh, Environment co-ordinator in Northland Primary School, invited GW Study group to conduct an Assembly talk and set up a booth in NL Primary on 19 Mar. This is the second time NL Primary has invited Mr Low to conduct an Assembly talk.

Mr Low spoke of protecting the ocean (reduce overfishing), protecting the forest (plant trees, reduce cattle farms in Amazon rainforest) & reducing the environment impact of animal factory farms. He also introduced various environmental heroes such as Sea shepherd (Ocean protector) & Dr Jane Goodall (Forest protector) to the students. At the end of the presentation Mr Low requested the students to support Earth Hour by switching off lights for 1 hr (8.30 to 9.30pm) on 31 Mar.                                                   
The talk was very well received by Northland Primary School.

Some feedbacks from teachers and students on the Assembly talk are as follows:

Principal/ Teacher’s feedback 
It is good to raise students’ awareness of how their lifestyle impacts global warming by bringing the message to schools.
- Mr Teoh Tiong Sau, Principal of Northland Primary

The talk was very informative and pupils were captivated. It was a good talk.
- Mr Ganesan Arumugan, Teacher, NLPS

Students’ Feedback: 
The talk during assembly made me very regretful because human is destroying Mother Earth. I love this talk a lot also because I learnt more things that I can do to save Mother Earth. I will do my part by sharing all the things that is happening on Mother Earth to my friends and parents and also try not to eat meat every day. – Janelle Tan, NLPS student

I enjoyed the Global warming seminar because it spread awareness about global warming. I have learnt that overfishing causes extinction of many species of fishes. I will eat less meat and plant more trees.
 – Raymond Lim Wei, NLPS student

I like the Global Warming Seminar. I have learnt that we must help Mother Earth and not harm her. I will not eat big fishes like Tuna and Sharks fin. – Claire Ng, NLPS student

I love the talk, I learnt that we must conserve energy and eat less beef, tuna, shark fin and mutton. I would help by switching off the light when not in use. – Shinji, NLPS student

The video clips were interesting. I also learnt how to save planet earth. It was fun!
– Neha Basak, NLPS student

No comments: