Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Assembly Talks & Booth @ Nanyang Primary (11 & 12 Mar)

Last year, Earth Society conducted 2 Assembly talks for Nanyang primary students/ teachers. The talk received lots of positive feedback from pupils and teachers.

This year, Mdm Rebecca Goh, Subject Head of NE/SS in Nanyang Primary, invited us again to conduct 4 Assembly talks for Nanyang primary’s P1, P2, P3 & P5 pupils on 11 Mar & 12 Mar.

On 11 Mar, Earth Society members reached Nanyang Primary (King’s Road Campus) on 9.20am. We conducted a Global warming talk (Upper primary version) for P3 pupils from 9.30 to 10am, set up a booth at the canteen from 10 to 11 am and conduct another talk for P5 pupils from 11 to 11.30am.

On 12 Mar, we reached Nanyang Primary (Toh Tuck Campus) on 8.20am. We conducted a Global warming talk (Lower primary version) for P2 pupils from 8.30 to 9am, followed by a talk to P1 pupils from 9 to 9.30am. We set up and manned a booth at the canteen from 9.30am to 11 am.

Students and teachers listened attentively to the talks and learn more information about environmental protection.





The following are some feedbacks for the Assembly talk:

Students’ Feedback:
I learn that we must take good care of the planet. 
- Clarice, P2 pupil, NYPS

I like the videos that you showed us. I will try to do some stuff that I learn at home. - Joy Goh, P2 pupil, NYPS

I learn that I should protect the Earth. I learn that cows produce a lot of green house gases, I will eat less meat and hamburgers.              - Zachary Mok & Ester Wong, P3 pupil, NYPS

I loved the talk. I learn that we should not cut down trees. I learn about having Veggie Thursdays.
- Iann Tan & Goh Cher Maine, P3 pupil, NYPS

Teacher’s Feedback:
·         The assembly talk was very meaningful, it made pupils know what is the condition of our mother earth now, and what we can do to save the earth. Those video clips were interesting, Bravo Speaker.

·         The talk was informative and create awareness. Especially the part that encourage us to eat vege rather than meat and giving us the reasons. 

·         The assembly topic was a good social topic, though quite an abstract one for our young pupils, but the excellent graphics help a lot. The speaker was very patient and he managed to contain his message within time constraints.

·         I liked the talk a lot. Convinced me to reduce my intake of meat. I'm not sure if the children could understand all of that though. May wish is to tackle just one or two environmental issues. 

No comments: