Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Assembly Talk & Booth @ Bedok Green Secondary (25 May)

Mrs Tang-Lee Choon Tien, EEA / Environment Club teacher, invited GW Study Group to Bedok Green Secondary School to conduct an Assembly talk and set up a booth in the school on 25 May. Team members set up a booth near the school’s canteen and manned the booth from 10 till 1pm. Mr Low conducted the Assembly talk to students from 11:30am to 12 pm. The talk was very well received by the teachers and students.


The following are some feedbacks for the Assembly talk:

Teacher’s Feedback:
A scientific and richly informative talk that is expertly and engagingly presented. Wonderfully done. I learnt so very much.
– Mdm Lim Tze Mien, Vice-Principal, Bedok Green Secondary Sch

 ‘We found your talk very informative .The videos used - relevant, able to sustain students 'attention. Your supporting photos, Scientific evidence and speeches of famous world leaders- were all effective in transmitting your message to the audience. I have no doubt that your presentation and passion had impacted many of the students and teachers. Thanks once again for sacrificing your time to share your passion with us. Keep up the good job in environmental education.’
                       - Mrs Tang-Lee Choon Tien, EEA / Environment Club teacher

'The talk definitely raised awareness of presiding issues'
‘Very effective speech. Now I fully understand why eating less meat results in less destruction to the earth. I will definitely play my part."

Students’ Feedback:
I learn more about global warming and what is happening to Earth. I hope more people will take initiative to help the world. – Cheryl Mah, BGSS Student

I learn how to help the environment by doing things like eating more vegetables and conserving water. I will do all I can to save the Earth as a lot of people are suffering. – Nursalihah bte Adbul Rahman, student

I have learnt that we can help to reduce global warming by having one meatless day a week.
                                                                                                                – Ow Soey Jing, student

Good luck for your future talks in other schools. I will try my best to save the Ecosystems and encourage my friends to do so. – Tan Jian Jing, student

No comments: